Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ode to Whole Foods Market

Oh, Whole Foods Market. It's pretty normal for people to love Whole Foods these days, and that's fine with me. It's like Dave Matthews Band...just because I liked him before the rest of the planet had him blasting out of their cars, in the late 90's, doesn't mean I didn't like him post-fratboy obsession. (annoying trait: being anti-everything mainstream, regardless of merit or true quality) However, I know of few people who have the internal experience I have when approaching the intersection on which Whole Foods sits...it's like...well, it's like having a Cocoon moment. As I park my car (and feel a palpable sense of guilt about my non-hybrid car status), I turn to take my trek to the doors...the portal to the mother-ship. It is always with a Wilford Brimley-esque reverence that I take in the moment, knowing that as soon as I enter, the world outside will cease to exist for the time I'm inside. It's like a mini-vacation every time I need to go buy tampons. (I have similar experiences with Central Market...it's just further away.) You see...I'm not only an organic, but I'm also a foodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails