I've learned a few things about myself...out here where I rarely sleep in the same city 2 nights in a row, and have brushed my teeth in more gas station bathrooms than I care to admit. I've learned something about the world, too. Here's what I've found so far...
- I may never be OK with driving up the side of a mountain...but, that's where the good stuff is...and I can do it.
- I spend most of my time uncomfortable... too hot, too cold, too scared, too hungry...but, I've been sleeping better on this trip than I have since I was a kid.
- I don't have to worry about what's happening on the news when I don't watch it.
- Anxiety is a product of the unknown.
- When you DO nothing...you GET nothing.
- Having your breath taken away isn't always comfortable...but, I have SEEN it...with my OWN eyes.
- Believing that this world was made by chance, is like believing that the Sistine Chapel was an accidental paint spill.
- I have a lot to learn...but, I know my God is sovereign...and I know I'm in the middle of His will for me.
...I'm finally out of my shell.