Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Travel Chronicles

First of all...I'm not at all happy with the length of time between my posts. I looked at my last one...less than a week ago, and it feels like a year. So much is happening every single day! It's Wednesday, and it feels like months since we left Brandon's parents in Phoenix...which was Sunday morning. The good news is, we are packing so much experience and "doing" into our days, that we just fall into bed at night, get up early, and go! I really am committed to blogging, though, and one of my main goals for this week, is to be more regular about it. There is just simply no way to fit everything that is going on externally AND internally in a couple of posts a, we are trying to remedy that, by finding a way to work in a regular blogging hour into our days. Besides...I follow blogs, and I don't like to wait a long time for to my regular audience...I beg your pardon:)

What we've been up to: we left Phoenix on Sunday morning, and decided to take the Sedona route back to I40...and, I am soooo glad we did! Sedona was the first place I fell in love with, on this trip. It's so unbelievably beautiful...artsy & natural...just breathtaking.

From there, we headed up through Flagstaff, and cut through to the Grand Canyon. There were several places on the way, that Brandon and I thought we could probably set up house, because it was just so peaceful & wonderful. Nevertheless...the Canyon called, and we wanted to answer. Now would be a good time for me to let everyone in on a little secret...I am terrified of heights. I mean TERRIFIED. I can literally make myself cry just thinking about it. I've been known to get woozy looking over a second story, I was a touch nervous about the Grand Canyon, and the added worry of my 3 year old, very rambunctious little boy. Luckily, the wind was bitterly cold, and he wanted nothing more than to get back in the car! However...before we did...we got some pictures:)

We were only there for a couple of hours, but we got as much in as we could given the frosty wind & a cranky preschooler. So, we left to go find a place to stay for the night,and ended up in Williams...a little town on Route quirky, so adorable. We stayed in a little cabin, where we had our first horrible night's sleep since leaving Texas. But, warm is what we were, we got that...AND the cuteness:

The next morning, we headed out to Vegas, way of The Hoover Dam. Oh yeah...another breathtaking, and otherwise terrifying, buffet of electric body shock & mind-over-matter denials to faint...mixed with a little nausea & a doubled over bout of tears, because my husband looked too far over the edge with my child on his shoulders...and you have my experience at one of the world's greatest engineering marvels and one of our nation's proudest landmarks. I'm glad I went. I really am. It was...awesome.

Less than a hour later, we were in Las Vegas. The experience wasn't necessarily profound...but, it WAS entertaining, and I found out that if my husband is hungry enough, he will pay more money than normal for a 24 hr/7 buffet pass! Yep...for the day that we were in Vegas...we ate like kings!! I have to was a challenge...but, we ate at 7 buffets in one 24 hour period...with an overnight camp at Lake Mead in the middle of it! Mind you, we didn't eat buffet amounts, save for the very first one @ Caesar's Palace, but, we were bound and determined to hit ALL of 'em...and we did:) I ate too much shellfish...but, in my defense, how is one supposed to not eat a mound of crab legs, when they are there for the taking?

I will be doing a post about the top ten things I learned in time;) As for now...we're in Death Valley...on our way to Sequoia National Park. Hopefully, I'll be able to post this at some point. Come on internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts with Thumbnails